This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Uncle Tupelo

The rule of falling asleep boozy means you wake up woozy is holding true. Last night the girls and I tied it on, starting with a bottle of wine snuck into the movie theater. And thank God we did, too, because we went to see Lady in the Water, WHICH IS A HUGE FUCKING TURD THAT SHOULD BE CAUSE ENOUGH TO HAVE M. NIGHT SHAMALAMADINGDONG'S ENTRAILS STRUNG UP IN HOLLYWOOD TO FRIGHTEN OTHER FILMMAKERS!!!!! While I was watching it, I was thinking "wow, this is so ridiculous and far-fetched, there's gotta be a great twist!" So I watched with interest as a ludicrous story of water nymphs, dogs made of grass, evil monkeys, and a stuttering handyman got more and more absurd. Then...end credits. No twist. No one was insane, no one was on drugs, it wasn't a big government experiment, nothing. I don't care if I ruined it for you, but there really was nothing to ruin, and it's not like you should see it anyway.

I went off on the above rant because I don't really know what to say about Uncle Tupelo. I'm sure you're all sick of the whole Jeff Tweedy vs. Jay Farrar, Wilco vs. Son Volt shit. Frankly, I couldn't care less, because neither of those bands can hold a candle to Uncle Tupelo. What else is there to say? Killer group. Anyway, this is a song for my friends. That's it.

"When the Bible is a bottle
And the hardwood floor is home
When morning comes twice a day or not at all
If I break in two will you put me back together?
When this puzzle's figured out, will you still be around?"

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/2011862/Uncle_Tupelo_Still_Be_Around.mp3.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home