This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sleater-Kinney

Recently, Sleater-Kinney announced they were going on indefinite hiatus. We indie fucks all know what that really means: "we wanna break up, but we don't want any reunion tours to look like cash-grabs."

That's okay. They've earned the right to do pretty much anything they want musically. Arguably one of America's ten best-ever rock bands, S-K were really the only band to transcend the shackling riotgrrl label and achieve widespread attention for something other than their gender or their politics (although lazy writers would always bring up both). The simple truth is that these gals FUCKING ROCKED. Plain and simple. They could blow almost anyone off the stage. I saw them at the 9:30 Club last summer, and when they stormed the stage and launched into "The Fox," I thought the skin was going to be rocked clean off my face.

My favorite Sleater-Kinney song has to be "Heart Attack," a relatively quiet tune off their raging classic album Call the Doctor. I put this on a mixtape for Kate when we first started dating, and she proceeded to make fun of it, constantly doing a mocking scream of "I'm not....looking!" This is turn forced me to retaliate by saying that "at least the chicks in Sleater-Kinney sing better than that chick in Zeppelin."

But this is a great song, make no mistake. It's a great love song if I've ever heard one. I've always interpreted it as loving someone so much that you don't know what the fuck's going on. Being in love is scary sometimes, and it's certainly humbling - "I still feel like nothing next to you." If you've ever walked into someone's house 'cause you really wanna figure them out, this is a song for you. I still get goosebumps listening to it.

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/4444024/Sleater_Kinney_Heart_Attack.mp3.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

1:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home