This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Pipettes

I've always been a sucker for the girl groups of the 60's. I honestly think groups like Martha & the Vandellas and the Crystals made some of the best American music ever. Sure, these gals are British, but don't hold it against them. Along with their backing band The Cassettes and svengali-manager Monster Bobby, they've been doing the whole sixties thing: polka dot dresses, cat-eye glasses, the mic shimmy, yadda yadda yadda. Normally, shit like this would be an annoying throwback that would send me off on some tear, but it's all so catchy and infectious that you can't help yourself. Besides, it has as much in common with Talulah Gosh as it does the Ronettes, so rest easy, indie scum.

And although this isn't important, these chicks are fuckin' smokin'. I would jam them so hard it's ridiculous. It's been a relief finding pictures of hot gals that make good music, because that picture of Corin Tucker was getting a little worn from all the times I'd pasted it on the face of some passed out co-ed (thanks, slow gas leak!).


http://www.mysharefile.com/v/4868537/The_Pipettes_I_Love_You.mp3.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Fifth said...

Have you listened to Balzac?

(http://www.myspace.com/balzac)

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

God, I love crazy Japanese people.

7:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home