This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pavement

It was announced today that Matador Records will be re-releasing Pavement's best album, Wowee Zowee, in the same way they've re-released Slanted and Enchanted and Crooked Rain. That is to say, with a bunch of interesting b-sides and boring ottakes. However, the article said there will be alternate takes as bonus tracks, which usually means the bottom of the barrel is being scraped. I guess even with as many non-album tracks as Pavement records (something in the neighborhood of three CD's worth), there was bound to be filler popping up.

Anyway, this here is my favorite track off Wowee Zowee, even more than "We Dance." It's by Scott Kannberg, which was unusual. Typically, Stephen Malkmus had him beat eight ways from Sunday on any given album, but Kannberg really brings his A-game with this song. It's not as immediately catchy as some of his other compositions, like "Falling Away" or "Painted Soldiers," but it's still fucking awesome. Wreck this shit, holmes.

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/1154398/Pavement_Kennel_District.mp3.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

2:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home