This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Night Marchers and out adventures in awesomeness

Tonight went off like an atom bomb. Andrea and I drove up to Baltimore to see some of our favorite people - Ryan and Jordan and Wes and Neil and Violet and other Wes. Branden from the board showed up with his posse, and it was like a big gay Punknews field trip.

We ended up at the legendary Ottobar, drunk and stoned and witness to John Reis' new shitkicker entry into the rock canon. Figured dude was done with that, what after Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, and Rocket From the Crypt. But no, he's back and kicking super tail. If anyone but Speedo had named their band after the myth of dead Hawaiian warriors, I'd be inclined to write it off.

But he came out out, hair still slicked back and mouth still curled into a sneer, and kicked out the motherfucking jams, riding that 60's groove until it cried and moved back home. The sex jams are firmly in place, as is the hoooooo-backing vocals. It was pretty awesome. Also, Andrea and I made out super hardcore, thus further cementing her position as Most Awesome Chick Ever.

I could go on and on about the music and how rad it is (it's stupid rad), but what really made tonight amazing was the people there. Abe L. was fucking right about how your friends are the better part of your life. The people I know and the people I've met, I would not trade for all the riches at the disposal of Bill Gates. Thanks for all the amazing times, you guys. These songs are for you.

PS - Instrument is for devoted Fugazi fans only.

PPS - holy crap the sun's coming up what the fuck?

Who's Lady Are You? - http://www.mediafire.com/?ckzwxtwmzd2

In Dead Sleep - http://www.mediafire.com/?gizmg4xvmbb

You've Got Nerve - http://www.mediafire.com/?cmylk5zb4jm

6 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Graham Bulance said...

oh man, Speedo is the King of Kings. i haven't gotten my copy of The Night Marchers yet, mostly cause i'm too lazy to drive to my local record store that is 1/2 an hour away, but i've heard nothing but awesome. i gotta get on that shit.

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

It's a grower. Leave it in the car for a week or so and by the end of it you'll be in love with it.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger that girl said...

i liked 'instrument' the movie but the soundtrack is just too abstract for me. that's the only fugazi release i don't own.

2:42 PM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

Yeah, I own it as a completist thing, but it rarely comes out of the sleeve.

2:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD I AM POSTING ON MATT RAMONE'S BLOG.

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

Welcome to the party! BYOC (bring your own cocaine)

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home