This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

"If I could take back all the time the judge gave" - Papoose

So I'm probably the last person on the planet to be hyping Papoose, but this dude slays so hard I couldn't resist. Why? Cause it's so fucking rare to hear a gangsta rapper that's worth getting hyped for. He can actually rap instead of chant over a ringtone ("it's goin' down, it's goin' down, it's goin' down, it's...zzzzzzzzz"). Shit, even his mixtapes kill, and how many rappers can you name that bring their A-game to mixtapes? Shit II, how many rappers can you name that draw more of your attention than the track?

It's no wonder he was the subject of a major label bidding war, with Jive winning out for a jaw-dropping $1.5 million. In fact, the result of that union, The Nacirema Dream, is fuckin' great (well, at least the leaked advanced version; as Papoose himself has said, "it ain't final 'til it's vinyl.")

I'm tossing y'all "Respect My Hustle," which is more than likely going to become a club hit within the next few months. And hey, just 'cause I'm a nice guy, two songs from last year's A Threat and a Promise. What can I say? I just love y'all. (Don't hold me to that.)

Respect My Hustle - http://www.mediafire.com/?2wcm3ylmydn

Superfly - http://www.mediafire.com/?3zmktnbdtfy

Flashback - http://www.mediafire.com/?0gn5nzjnmna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home