This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Other than Tom Gabel, Ted Leo is probably the best active rock songwriter in America right now. Other than some soft spots in his time with Chisel and a few regrettable recordings released under the name "Tej Leo/Rx," he's been been hitting bullseyes every time. The Tyranny of Distance, Hearts of Oak, and Shake the Sheets are all modern classics and well worth your damn time, you stuck-up losers. You're all "no no, we're gonna listen to Tapes 'n' Tapes because we still jack off every night to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain!" Well, I jack off every night to the Jam's Setting Sons, which is why I get such a stuffy for Ted, errr, his music. It's livewire, energetic, melodic, righteous, and a kick in the ass. Imagine if the Jam and Thin Lizzy had a baby.

I saw him about a year ago, and my face was seriously rocked clean off, like so: http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/index.php?pageNum_Recordset2=257. I think I embarrassed my sister because she said I was the only there pogoing and the only one yelling "SUSPECT DEVICE!" between every single song. Stupid moron indie kids too busy trying to look cool. I wonder if they'd practiced looking bored in the mirror. Arms folded is not the appropriate response to Ted Leo. Losing your mind and spazzing out is. Even though I am one, I think I hate inide kids more than any other self-defined subgroup, even more than douchebag scenesters. Thom Yorke Media, I mean, Pitchfork Media is a symbol of everything wrong with the culture I love.

"Some Beginner's Mind" is a rehearsal demo for the upcoming album, which explains the echo-y sound, the kinda lame intro, and the skeleton of a solo. However, when they get to the chorus, it's like getting hit in the face with a shovel. If the rest of the album is as good as this song's going to be, it'll definitely be one of the best of 2006 ('07?).

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/7282950/Ted_Leo_Some_Beginner_s_Mind_demo_.mp3.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home