This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weakerthans sneak peek

So I'm totally gay for the Weakerthans. It's a fact. I know it, you know it, the American people know it. Despite some of my intial criticism of their last record, Reconstruction Site really won me over, and despite all the sheen, songs like "Plea From a Cat Named Virtue," "Psalm For the Elks Lodge Last Call" and "One Great City!" ranked easily with their previous stunning work (including Left and Leaving, one of the most affecting rock albums ever produced).

Thanks to StereoGum, who I'm basically stealing from, a new track from their upcoming album - four years in the making - has surfaced, giving us a preview of the LP to come. When I first heard "Night Windows," my gut was "it's really good, but it's standard issue Weakerthans." After playing it 50 times a day on loop, my opinion is the same, but with a much more positive connotation. I don't want the Weakerthans to change too much because they got it so damn right just out of the gate.

Four years is a long time, but quality is worth waiting for, kids. Reunion Tour hits stores September 25th.

Night Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?b9wzy2ttmjf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home