This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ted Leo and the Queers: Two (Presumably) Rad Records to Look Forward to in 2007

On account of how bad I'd feel if I were to spend all my time drinking cheap beer and listening to Gang Green and the Mr. T Experience, I occasionally seek out new music. Unlike the movies, sometimes good records get released in the early part of the year. Here are two you need to be getting as stoked as I am for.

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Living With the Living

If "The Sons of Cain" and the previously released demos are any indication, Ted Leo is about to make his fourth classic in a row. Can this man do any wrong? Doesn't seem like it. How many dudes can make handclap percussion sound this rad? Not many. Aaron would shove the business end of a pitchfork up his ass to meet Ted Leo. If Ted Leo pulled up in a van and attempted to lure me into the back with promises of candy and magic tricks, there would be no hesitation on my part. The line "I have to sing just to exist!" makes me want to start up a band with Aaron that much more.

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/9463504/Ted_Leo_and_the_Pharmacists_The_Sons_of_Cain.mp3.html



The Queers - Munki Brain

Yeah, they've made kick-ass records with bad artwork and even worse names before, and I don't expect this to be any different. Joe Queer's songs always mean a lot to me, because they touch on a lot of things I think about myself: a constantly half-buzzed, self-referential, sarcastic scumbag loser who's more heartsick than he lets on. Well, that and the whole "Black Flag meets the Beach Boys" thing. Besides, Ben Weasel helped co-write the album, and how the fuck could the two of them go wrong when they set their minds to it? Besides besides, I love any song that makes fun of "the kids" and how retarded they are.

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/8417906/Queers_Houston_We_Have_A_Problem.mp3.html

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

...and they put on a great live show!!

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Matt Ramone said...

Never seen 'em live, but I'm dying too. They were just in DC and I missed 'em, so I hope they come back around on whatever national tour they go on for their new record.

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home