This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"Swimming my way to the liquor store" - Dead to Me

News item the first: Today, John Hancocks were made for me to obtain a brand-stinkin' new '06 Hyundai Elantra. Rock! I already named my bass AJ, so any name suggestions are welcome. Also, if you buy at Fairfax Hyundai, ask for JR Zambrano. He's the only car salesman I've ever met that wasn't a complete and total scumbag.

News item the second: This (http://www.punknews.org/article/19563) looks like it's going to be awesome. Dr. Dan Yemin is one of the best things that ever happened to hardcore. Like Paul Chambers, no matter who he played with, he always made them better/incredible. Someone buy this for me, huh? Vinyl, please. I don't care for you youngsters and your compacted discs.

News item the third: Ramon Ortiz pitched eight innings of a no-hitter, and then the shit-ass Cardinals screwed it all up in the ninth. It's alright. My beloved Nationals still whupped the ass of the best team in baseball 4-1, and I was there to see it. Chalk it up to a truly awesome day.

News item the fourth: Kids in the Hall, Season Four = rock ass.

Alright, I'll get this over with quick, since I got shit to do that ain't got nothin' to do with placatin' you little turds. Dead to Me (which is a shitty, shitty, shitty name, I have to admit), is a catchy little pop-punk band from San Francisco that consists mostly of ex-members of One Man Army. Also included is the man know only as Chicken (bassist for Western Addiction, who put out a decent record last year), who wrote the lyrics, almost all of which touch on his time in rehab. While most post-rehab rock records huff huge sacks of dong, Cuban Ballerina was actually pretty good, especially "Cause of My Anger" - for some reason, the line "the longest hallway in Valencia" always gets me. If you've ever been addicted to anything, you can start to get a sense of what drives this record. Throw in the fact that it's catchy and melodic as all fuck, and you'll find yourself humming along to the twelve-steps. Play this for a little brother still rockin' the Fall Out Boy CDs, and maybe you can coax him away from the dark side. While Dead to Me won't save him in the same way as, say, a Fugazi or Propagandhi album, it's still a step in the right direction. Plus, Jack Darymple doesn't sing like he's fucking 12 years old, something those douche drinkers in Faggots! at the Disco can learn from.

And yes, you snide little shits, I will one day post something that wasn't released on Fat Wreck or No Idea. You little assholes, I'll do what I want when I'm damn good and ready.

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/4925776/Dead_to_Me_Cause_Of_My_Anger.mp3.html

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/6629635/Dead_to_Me_Still_Heartbeat.mp3.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home