This is an mp3 blog attempting to document the gross amount of music I listen to. About once a day, I'll post something I like. If you're a copyright holder on anything I host, get in touch, and we'll settle things in a steel cage instead of a courtroom.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No post today (well, other than this one, duh)

No music post today, kiddies. I had planned on writing about two records I'd been looking forward to with the word "million" in the name, The Draft's In a Million Pieces and Suspersystem's A Million Microphones, but both ended up being pretty boring.

For those of you not in the know, The Draft is Hot Water Music minus Chuck Reagen. I had high hopes, but it wasn't all that good. It seemed limp and lifeless and the songs jog where they should sprint. I like that they seem to be Skynyrding it up a little bit ('cause, let's face it, Hot Water Music made pretty much the same record each time out, just with different production quality; if you got Fuel For the Hate Game, you were set), but there's nothing to distinguish this band from the million other bands doing the same kind of vaguely Southern punk. Basically, it just made me want to go listen to the Gaslight Anthem demo again because that has better songs.

However, I liked it a lot better than A Million Microphones. I really, really, really liked the last Supersystem record, Always Never Again. It was a smart record that brought some serious dance grooves; songs from their debut are always gonna find a place on my party mixes. The group goes in kind of a different direction with this one, but unfortunately the new direction blows. There's nothing boogie-riffic, and the songs don't really go anywhere. Some of the tracks (like "Prophets") are interesting, but nothing's really memorable. It's a shame, too, because they were one of the best dance bands I've ever seen. I hope they can bring these songs to life when I go see them live.

Alright, I'm gonna go grill some chicken because meat is awesome. I don't care what veggie fascists like Bonnie say. Hey Bonnie, stop committing vegecide! Trust me, she's a total cooze, and I don't know why she loves me because all I do is call her a cunt and phone her at 3 AM to sing her songs from Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Wanna Get Off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home